FallenTogether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FallenTogether

A linkshell on Caitsith

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screenshot Journal Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Screenshot Journal Question Empty
PostSubject: Screenshot Journal Question   Screenshot Journal Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:23 pm

I will most likely delete this after asking as his is more discussion than it is screens.

For a while I've been attempting to keep screens in an LJ with little success. My concerns are roughly rooted to purpose and viewing. So I ask this

1) If you found a SS journal, would you at all use LJ/or use LJ to view it?
2) All mods are marked when SSed. Although I have seen other journal users openly displaying these screens, it has been a wavering concern of mine about prosecution via these screens. I've never thought about it here, or previously, because 1) I trust those that see this, and this site thus to be private 2) I never really thought twice about it. Getting bannhammered for showing your TP? Good frigg'n lord. But then again, butthurt and banning is much more rampant now. So on general discussion, would it seem worth the risk?

(I've also tried variations of editing, such as black screening or modding-- however UI mods are impossible to cover unless I switch back to FFXI's original settings. Orz)
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

Number of posts : 536

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot Journal Question   Screenshot Journal Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm not sure I understand, which is probably because I don't know LJ very well. Do you mean like a photobucket type use? Or like a "lets all get together and use LJ for our screens!"

Either way is fine with me.

Sorry if I've completely missed the mark ><;
Back to top Go down
http://sealie.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1.htm
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot Journal Question   Screenshot Journal Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:13 pm

:v I'm asking moreso "would you visit a site for screenshots even if you don't use the site"? For example, Ureii here is the only other livejournal user I know of. It does little good for me to utilize a system no one is going to investigate. The question was meant for my own screenshots.

The conflict arises because I have bee debating about making this LJ screenshot journal public or not. If I do, this means anyone of the site can view/comment without problems. If I don't, you would have to have your own account in order to access it-- the only reason I hesitate to make it public is due to people with ill intentions infiltrating screenshots. I find this rather irritating to offer, so thus why I haven't gone on with the project ala LJ.

Because I also know not a lot here use LJ, I have been trying to figure out a way to make screenshots more accessible. Photobucket is more of an upload center than it is for viewing. A friend of mine mentioned Flickr, but I think better access needs a paid account-- and I would still have the same "I have proof of you using 3rd party material" ect issue at hand.

So, short question, would you view LJ despite irritations --- long answer, where the hell is a safe place to post screens?
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

Number of posts : 536

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot Journal Question   Screenshot Journal Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:26 pm

oh... to be honest bell I occasionally check your LJ anyway (I'm not a stalker I promise!). I have a LJ account... I just haven't been on it in forever... I just like to read the LJs of friends that do use it. I manage to keep up with old friends from highschool etc, and usually check yours on my way out. So yes, I'd check it out.

As far as safety is concerned... I've been pretty haphazard on the way I post my screens... being known to post windower screens on things like the wiki, and have yet to be hit for it... though it is a thought that has crossed my mind. So many people do it (ie. look at the videos on youtube) that it would be a feat for SE to ban everyone... I mean, even if you have the TP thing turned off the very fact you can take screens of the chat log is proof in itself of using 3rd party tools.

I know you guys aren't fond of myspace-type things, but www.myffxi.com has a section where you can store screens as well as make it so only your friends can see your profile. www.gamegravity.com (use the link in my sig to register if you're interested) will have a similar system geared towards all games within the next few weeks as well. But with both of these the questions comes up "Would everyone use it"
Back to top Go down
http://sealie.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1.htm
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot Journal Question   Screenshot Journal Question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:47 am

Oh, no kidding :v My personal LJ is friended only, but the belfastnkik one I've kept public. I didn't realize anyone actually checked it out; so that answers my question about accessibility and viewing.

I agree in part of my manner with posting screenshots. I had modded shots on ffxiah till I corrected them. You do see many people post without concerns really, and its the same issue why FFXI hasn't prosecuted against such open venues (example, EVERYONE knows where IGE is and what it does, but the site hasn't been taken down. But whether or not they're in cahoots, nothing has been done).

My concerns however have been against people with vendettas-- but even then, I'm not sure of what process they could do to prosecute against. So , I suppose it would be safe enough just to go ahead and post. Perhaps keep links and link contacts private for access.

I'll check out those sites; agreed I'm not fond of the ffximyspace, but gamegravity in development looks curious. Thank you for the references Sealie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot Journal Question   Screenshot Journal Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screenshot Journal Question
Page 1 of 1