FallenTogether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FallenTogether

A linkshell on Caitsith

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can haz noobs guide plz??

Go down 
3 posters

What's in a name?
Thadaga -it's who you are
I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_lcap71%I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Tehdaga
I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_lcap14%I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Nukespammer -because it's more accurate than my real name
I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_lcap14%I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Aggrolicious - couldn't leave the poll blank
I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_lcap0%I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Afktank -for the increased party invites
I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_lcap0%I can haz noobs guide plz?? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Afkhealer -because it showcases my reliability
 0% [ 0 ]
Raidwiper
 0% [ 0 ]
Pullswithnukes
 0% [ 0 ]
Hitsonmanthras
 0% [ 0 ]
Sucksatjob
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Thadaga

Thadaga

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-27

I can haz noobs guide plz?? Empty
PostSubject: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Hey guys, I was just sitting here feeling withdrawals for the game, and a lot of old memories are flooding me. So I had some questions. Pardon basic listing format:

-Did the tradition of saying "fox" survive?
-Does Koro still exclaim "Lies!" in the face of brutal honesty?
-Do Rangers still deal the least damage in the game?
-Are most red mages still elitist pricks? (barring mari and seal of course ^^)
-Is the word "Manthra" still in use?
-What's with this insanity I hear about new jobs that control the weather?
-Are the dunes still a hole/ /shout WILL SUM1 PLZ HELP ME GIT A MAGCKED SKULL??????????????
-Did Odin or Alexander become summonable or what was with that? Spoilers are ok.
-Does our LS have any enemies, and may I target them immediately upon entry, escalating the drama a thousand fold?
-BITCHES DON'T KNOW BOUT MY (call1) SPAM FOR PROVOKE still a rampant annoyance?
-Are prices more or less ridiculous, alternatives more or less plausible, or do I even want to know?
-Are GMs still useless unless you get stuck in the geometry?
-Is there any server drama I need to be aware of, so I can flame or laugh at appropriate times?
-Any major overhauls in either job mechanics or party mechanics? An example, is whm now a melee? ranger a tank? that sort of thing.
-Are farming, grinding, and downtime still major components of gameplay? Or is the population focused on storylines now?
-Is crafting worth the time and effort, or will I be playing the market again for profit?
-What's the new trendy job?
-What is the overall impression of taru Paladins? Taru ninjas? I miss tanking so much.
-Do you guys still have a static party? And if so, is there room? and for what jobs?
-Are the latter aht urghan and the newer WotG questlines engaging or contrived rehashes of CoP?
-Are there any new NMs or NM rules?
-What about overall gameplay mechanics? Has aggro changed? enmity? tnls? claiming? ranges for melee/ranged attack, etc.
-Are there any new fast transportation? New teleports, new boats, airships, etc?
-How did chocobo raising turn out? Fun and worthwhile or boring and lame? Rewarding at all?
-Are there any new must haves for old jobs? Like, exciting equipment for say, blm or ranger?
-How did Corsair and Puppetmaster turn out now that the bugs and balancing have been worked out?
-So I hear rumors of alternate encounters, like some enemy sucks you in and spits you out in front of a serket+1 or something? WTH?
-Do people still whore bards in xp?
-What's new about meriting? I hear that it changed or something like that.
-What's good trolling nowadays? Is it still lolthf or lolgalkablm or has everyone graduated to just calling each other racial slurs in altcaps?
-Besides gear and flaming, are there any other ways to elevate my e-penor to back-problem levels?
-Did Cano ever try to hook up with Mari after Send pretended to get a "real girlfriend"? DEMS MY MENS, FOO
-Please god tell me no one here cranks souljaboys or supermans hoes......
-Could I get a list of what we shall simply call "novice players" who I shall seek out to either mentor or avoid when looking for members?
-Should I come back as Thadaga, Tehdaga, or submit awesome names of your own. I was considering Nukespammer or Crankenstein too. More the prior though. I dunno. But it keeps me up at night. I'll make a poll.
-Is Kora still growing or the ls baby all grown up and I miss it all?
-And, finally, because of my sudden exit, is there any grief I left anyone with? I'd like to make it right up front. Did I have any outstanding debts, anything on loan, things of that nature?
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:55 pm

-Did the tradition of saying "fox" survive? Yes it did, although now it has evolved into "Scream any tv station other than wb"

-Does Koro still exclaim "Lies!" in the face of brutal honesty? On a regular basis

-Do Rangers still deal the least damage in the game?
Well, they're not what they were four years ago, but if you stand the proper distance away you do pretty good damage.

-Are most red mages still elitist pricks? (barring mari and seal of course ^^) Them and brds are almost impossible to deal with, some scholars are getting up there too.

-Is the word "Manthra" still in use?
Yep

-What's with this insanity I hear about new jobs that control the weather? Scholars can change the weather around a person to give bonuses to spells. Blms particularly love them for their sea obis.

-Are the dunes still a hole/ /shout WILL SUM1 PLZ HELP ME GIT A MAGCKED SKULL?????????????? Not many shouts for the skull, but yea they're a hole. Except now most people just solo past the dunes to avoid it.. I've yet to have the patience to do that.

-Did Odin or Alexander become summonable or what was with that? Spoilers are ok.
Sadly no. But SE did say that we're getting new summons sometime. Most likely wont be those two though.

-Does our LS have any enemies, and may I target them immediately upon entry, escalating the drama a thousand fold? Nah, Caitsith is pretty nice actually. There is a LS called Dreamers that are like the Poisoned of Caitsith... I'd just avoid them rather than cause any issues.

-BITCHES DON'T KNOW BOUT MY (call1) SPAM FOR PROVOKE still a rampant annoyance? You still get yelled at for using in a pt.

-Are prices more or less ridiculous, alternatives more or less plausible, or do I even want to know?
A hauby is something like 300k now. Prices have gone down everywhere, which means farming the things you used to for 200k an hour suddenly turned into 20k an hour. But because everything else has gone down its all proportional. Also, SE now bans people for using the AH to make money (ie: Buying everything up and selling them back for a higher price)

-Are GMs still useless unless you get stuck in the geometry? Pretty much.

-Is there any server drama I need to be aware of, so I can flame or laugh at appropriate times? Nope, Caitsith is pretty quiet.

-Any major overhauls in either job mechanics or party mechanics? An example, is whm now a melee? ranger a tank? that sort of thing. Nothing That major. A few new spells here and there, and a few more abilities.

-Are farming, grinding, and downtime still major components of gameplay? Or is the population focused on storylines now? Yep, though I can't tell you if it's any worse than it used to be because I'm just used to it. I will say that there is less downtime level wise once you hit 60 due to campaign. You can get xp while you seek.

-Is crafting worth the time and effort, or will I be playing the market again for profit? Umm thats not really a question I can answer, bell would know maybe. I still haven't touched a craft past 40.

-What's the new trendy job?
Scholar. Dancer was it when WoG first came out, but they soon fell second to scholar once people learned how to play it.

-What is the overall impression of taru Paladins? Taru ninjas? I miss tanking so much. LS needs ninjas... so go for it! Though I'd not wear a hauby the entire time you tank like you used to lol.

-Do you guys still have a static party? And if so, is there room? and for what jobs? We're working one out right now, well two of them. I'm not sure yet if there is room but I can get back to you. One will be on tuesdays/thursdays not sure when it'll start exactly, but it'll end around midnight (gone are the days of 12 hour statics lol). The other will be either friday or sat, and times haven't been figured out. The first so far is nin, brd, dnc, thf, blm that I'm aware, and the second is pld, cor, pup, rng... and I forget what bells bringing right now, and i haven't heard if yuz will join us on that one.

-Are the latter aht urghan and the newer WotG questlines engaging or contrived rehashes of CoP? I LOVE WoG missions right now... sadly there aren't many of them though. ToAU I have yet to finish as it got pretty boring and the rewards aren't that great. But I do want to finish them for the sake of the story.

-Are there any new NMs or NM rules?
LOTS of new NMs. The newest being the ZNM system where you take pictures for points and trade the points in for pop sets for NMs Here is a graphic of the new system. and here is an example of some of the gear that can drop from some of them. In my opinion most of it blows sky gear out of the water. (the "heres" are links! click!)

-What about overall gameplay mechanics? Has aggro changed? enmity? tnls? claiming? ranges for melee/ranged attack, etc.
Don't think anything has changed much or at all.

-Are there any new fast transportation? New teleports, new boats, airships, etc? I wish lol

-How did chocobo raising turn out? Fun and worthwhile or boring and lame? Rewarding at all? I got bored and quit doing it.

-Are there any new must haves for old jobs? Like, exciting equipment for say, blm or ranger? For blms SE introduced the Vicious mufflers, which are just like zenith, but lack the +50MP -50HP. A lot less annoying to get. Aside from what was released in the ZNM system a lot of the "must haves" can be obtained via Allied notes by participating in campaign. Cobra Cap set Cloche Set Iron Ram, and Fourth(The names are links, click on them!)

-How did Corsair and Puppetmaster turn out now that the bugs and balancing have been worked out? Pup ended up not being made fun of so much, and turned out to be a decent job when geared and played correctly. Cor was given a boost to their buffs that helped them compete with brd better.

-So I hear rumors of alternate encounters, like some enemy sucks you in and spits you out in front of a serket+1 or something? WTH?
Yea, Its SEs new version of HNMs. A giant worm sucks the alliance in and you get stuck in a cavern with serket+1 and a few other old HNMs. Once it dies another worm will pop around 24 hours later.

-Do people still whore bards in xp? Yea they do.

-What's new about meriting? I hear that it changed or something like that.
Increased limits on various categories.

-What's good trolling nowadays? Is it still lolthf or lolgalkablm or has everyone graduated to just calling each other racial slurs in altcaps? Haven't heard a whole lot of that lately.

-Besides gear and flaming, are there any other ways to elevate my e-penor to back-problem levels?
Eh you can go to the bluegartr website and stir up something, it's full of elietists that think gear is the sole thing that makes a player.

-Did Cano ever try to hook up with Mari after Send pretended to get a "real girlfriend"? DEMS MY MENS, FOO
hahaha, nah. Send really did get a gf and ended up quitting the game after I had to leave. Canos got a real gf now!

hahahaha.... no

-Could I get a list of what we shall simply call "novice players" who I shall seek out to either mentor or avoid when looking for members? I don't really know many newbies other than Yuz, and theres a blist thread in the private section you can check out. Other than that go! Find some newbies to mentor! Create spawn for the ls!

-Should I come back as Thadaga, Tehdaga, or submit awesome names of your own. I was considering Nukespammer or Crankenstein too. More the prior though. I dunno. But it keeps me up at night. I'll make a poll. Whatever you actually call yourself we will always call you Thadaga, so its up to you lol.

-Is Kora still growing or the ls baby all grown up and I miss it all? Shes all grown up and spoild as ever, there are some pictures of her in the LSmembers rl pic thread.

-And, finally, because of my sudden exit, is there any grief I left anyone with? I'd like to make it right up front. Did I have any outstanding debts, anything on loan, things of that nature? Didn't owe anything to me.
Back to top Go down
http://sealie.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1.htm
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:57 am

-Are the dunes still a hole/ /shout WILL SUM1 PLZ HELP ME GIT A MAGCKED SKULL?????????????? As sealie says, it is possible to solo past the dunes in a very effective manner. Dancer has offered healing based on tp, and as a sub is very useful. I only have one job in the dunes area, and its sch :O I'm glad!

-Does our LS have any enemies, and may I target them immediately upon entry, escalating the drama a thousand fold? Caitsith is defiantly quiet, and very respectable. Like with all facts of live however, there are a few roughs. Shedontusejelly is an example.

-Is crafting worth the time and effort, or will I be playing the market again for profit? Crafts are different on this server-- On Diabolos cooking used to be worth a damn, but here its not all that favorable. Prices flux horribly. However, Woodworking has a prominent profit focus on Caitsith, so it is the one I recommend the most. Mainly due to furniture. High alchemy in second.

For money, usual suspects are hunting the bats in Zitah for beast blood, and selling to a npc (about 6k a stack). They drop often, fast, and is pretty much instant gil for what you farm. Leeches in Bubumiru are the same. In Zitah you can also steal from beastmen for mythril coins an desynths.

I make gil via honey, crabs, imperial gold coins and beastmen farming.

-Are the latter aht urghan and the newer WotG questlines engaging or contrived rehashes of CoP? WoG has been by far the most impressive. Fantastic animation, story and process so far. Its the best expansion yet. The way they animate now blows the hell out of Zilart.

No, but Dancer has an ability which is basically provoke. Gives claiming opportunities as a sub.

Sneak is now a ninja spell. Aaaaand there were some changed mechanics in ranged att/acc for rng. Other than that though, not really.

-Are there any new fast transportation? New teleports, new boats, airships, etc? Nothing fast. There are teleports to the past areas and "recall" = teleport to past city of affiliation.

-How did chocobo raising turn out? Fun and worthwhile or boring and lame? Rewarding at all? I enjoyed it for the 2 years I tried it out, but ultimately unless you want to become an expert digger-- its not worth doing. Maybe for novelty, but the speed amount you can earn is not that much. Racing is incredibly sterilized now, and silly. So try it out if you want; it is a rather cute process and you can get a choco whistle for when needed.

-Are there any new must haves for old jobs? Like, exciting equipment for say, blm or ranger? As stated, rewards from campaign have been fantastic. WoG has been replacing a lot of sky armor as well.

-How did Corsair and Puppetmaster turn out now that the bugs and balancing have been worked out? Puppetmaster still has many problems. A properly geared puppetmaster works the same as drg, where both units comprise of a damage dealer. However, "decent' armor isn't offered until past 50, thus the issue (and its mainly "all jobs" crap. WoG has thankfully changed this a bit by offering some nice pieces, such as the cobra set). The user is still degraded however with some issues of acc and damage itself-- but your puppet, in itself, is goddamn fantastic. So its a mixed reading really; its a job that needs some work, but can still be enjoyable. Its no teir 1 DD, but it depends on what you want to do with it. For example, I solo as pup/dnc and it has been the best mix yet-- my puppet is mage set to counter my melee. Its not BST exp, but it certainly gets up there.

Many whms have been subbing /pup also for the whitemage frame to remove buffs and cure. Its incredibly useful.

Corsair I've only leveled to 31 and have had little experience.

-What's good trolling nowadays? Is it still lolthf or lolgalkablm or has everyone graduated to just calling each other racial slurs in altcaps? For a while, lolpup replaced loldrg. There was an update to 2handed users that was FAN.TASTIC. Basically a shitton of bonuses, aid and support to 2handers that best even dual wielders. Puppetmaster, being new and since no one had any idea how to play it, became the new loljoke. Anything else has been pretty stagnant to some degree.

IMMA PRESS CHARGES IMMA PRESS CHARGES

-Should I come back as Thadaga, Tehdaga, or submit awesome names of your own. I was considering Nukespammer or Crankenstein too. More the prior though. I dunno. But it keeps me up at night. I'll make a poll. Agreed with Seal. CANNOT ESCAPE. Whatever you want Tha /D

-Is Kora still growing or the ls baby all grown up and I miss it all? She loves Sealie's orange soda like it is pcp :O

-And, finally, because of my sudden exit, is there any grief I left anyone with? I'd like to make it right up front. Did I have any outstanding debts, anything on loan, things of that nature? You owe me about 9000 more 4chan references.

Seriously man, nah. Stuff happens and that was understood. Happy to have y'back :3 <3
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:15 am

Additionally, I feel like I went back into a time warp seeing your sig Tha. Always found it neat <3
Back to top Go down
Thadaga

Thadaga

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Hey guys, I appreciate the warm welcomes and the heads up. I'm still waiting to hear back from Poth he's due any day now, he said, to quote: "end of the week". Considering it's charity I'm certainly not going to rush him. but I do so wish he'd hurry lol. I had a dream that I was training all of saruta baruta and spamming banishga, and that was all I was doing, besides /emoting "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Some of you laughed, some of you just shook your head. But I woke up today with 300TP and I am incredibly impatient suddenly lol. My brain is filling in the gaps, or something like that.

On a different tangent, I thought that some new updated pictures of my in real life were of order, considering that I have the technology now, which I didn't years ago. Um, until I sort through these looking for ones where I'm not hideous, imagine my avatar without the mustache, which I just shaved about two days ago. That's me EXACTLY, albeit drawn my lil buddy Amber. She was 4 for the record, lol, and she drew that of me in MSpaint because I used to tease her about her giant head on her magna doodle, all the time. She totally pwned me that day,. I nearly died laughing, you can't imagine, but you should picture it. Good times.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....
Big thanks out to BellBell who not only is a saint and a scholar, and a dancer I hear ^^, but also an angel. And, I've never been complimented on my sig before. <3
One more round of applause for Sealdorie for her remembering my email address and bringing back to the gang.
And virtual high fives to everyone else I miss just as much who I will see very very soon.

Muah!
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:52 pm

It's going to be really really strange to see you as a taru.... but Mari will be happy as I'll have one more taru to toss before it's his turn to die.
Back to top Go down
Thadaga

Thadaga

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Seali wrote:
It's going to be really really strange to see you as a taru.... but Mari will be happy as I'll have one more taru to toss before it's his turn to die.

I lol'd hard.

So, great news. I got my package, and I'm all installed, except for maybe some updates. I'm tinkering with my machine to kind of streamline it a little better. You know, the basics, clear some room, defrag, turn off some background programs, turn graphics effects off, default to windows classic theme, etc.

Now, I am being security minded. I got the ccleaner, avg, spybot s&d, but the others were trouble. I did scan clean, however, and double checked my registry line by tedious line; it's also clean. Where did the viruses come from? Should I be wearing a tinfoil hat? Or is it all clear, if I pay attention? Anyway, I don't want to be a victim is all.

All we need now is for Poth to press the send button ; ;.
I'm online from now until about 11pm my time, which is EST.

I'm gonna go stare at my shiny box now.
Back to top Go down
Thadaga

Thadaga

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Well, I updated, then updated, then updated..... then frowned. Then I rushed Poth, lol. I'm going to die here waiting, I know it. Maybe I should just go ahead and start a new character? I don't know, head spinning, annoying playonline jazz mesmerizing,
............must............log...........in...........

X.x
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Amazon sent it to you at the estimated time. THE SYSTEM WORKS.

If you've uploaded everything recommended in previous posts, you should be good to go. A lot of aggressive RMT movement and virus production have been circling about FFXI orientated sites, so really all of this is prevention and precaution. Defiantly be sure to update your flash player.

;W; Waiting anxiously for Poth replies nnnnghhh.

I'm on till 1am western Tha, so when he sends that info, forward it to me and I'll set you up ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:59 pm

yaaaaaaaaaay.
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Thadaga wrote:
Seali wrote:

I lol'd hard.

You know I need to poke Ureii for some artwork on my Taru killing tendencies... maybe one with koro flying through the air in front of me towards some big monster, and thad (as a taru) positioned above my head ready for a second throw... with Mari/Ureii behind me knowing they're next and bell/cano in the background laughing (or running the other way)... though now that I think of it, me trying to throw an elvaan would look really really funny
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am

Alright, no name change. Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can haz noobs guide plz??   I can haz noobs guide plz?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can haz noobs guide plz??
Page 1 of 1