FallenTogether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FallenTogether

A linkshell on Caitsith

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brass Borer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seali

Seali

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Brass Borer Empty
PostSubject: Brass Borer   Brass Borer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:54 am

Mari, Koro and I did this twice tonight, and it's actually pretty easy.

- We did this as Blm/Nin, Blm/Nin, Rdm/Nin

- Pop him on the hill inside the Gates of Halvung, watch for the wamoura that flies around there and the other bugs for links.

- He's really slow, so it's easy to pop and pull him all the way over to (L-6) and kite him along the cliffs there. Just watch for elemental agro.

- High ele magic resists when curled up (Thunder IV did about 500dmg)

- Gravity and Bind do stick, but it builds resistance and eventually will stop working.

- Does not sleep.

- Most other enfeebs work (slow, para, ele enfeebs, bio, dia etc)

- /nin is recommended as all he attacks with is cannonball, which hurts like freaking hell if you get caught with shadows down. Takes down 1 shadow per cannonball you get hit with so it's really easy to not take any damage at all.

- Some form of refresh is a must as you will not be able to rest (though we managed to once when one blm took hate and kited while the other rested, but don't count on it). We had refresh + sanction refresh. I also brought some drinks for when the rdm was busy.

Really this fight is just patience as it takes a while to get down.
Back to top Go down
http://sealie.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1.htm
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

Number of posts : 279

Brass Borer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brass Borer   Brass Borer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:56 pm

As I don't have a mage job up yet, I would offer pld/nin for any next runs.

In assumption of how hard they hit and hate management, would /nin be the best advice, or could I sneak /brd to try and give mages refresh?
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

Number of posts : 536

Brass Borer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brass Borer   Brass Borer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 am

If you're not generating any hate at all /brd could work.. however I'm not sure how you'd work it since the blms are almost always on the move.

We need to do another one of him soon as I lost my seal when trading for the Dragon item, so I've got to reget it (which means more zeni!)

Everyone be farming zeni!
Back to top Go down
http://sealie.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1.htm
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

Number of posts : 279

Brass Borer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brass Borer   Brass Borer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:59 am

It might not be practical due to the momentum of the group as we can't stand around for too long. I recommended as an aiding idea as I wouldn't be fully tanking, but it would most likely be much more effected if it went as a hate generator/healer. Like Anantaboga, I'll make drinks for the occasion.

I'd love to help do this. Some things have changed recently; had I replied to this yesterday I would have told you I didn't have a breath to spare, however I've been given some leeway recently. Not much, but enough to spare a ls event.

The best day for me this week would be Friday night, after two of my finals. Saturday night is also a possibility, but would bey very limited due to our move. I have finals Thursday, Friday, and we begin moving after Friday. My archaeology professor gave me an extension on my paper thankfully so my last and "final" final isn't due till Monday. Thus anything post-saturday and I will be omit. I'm only hoping the move won't be insane, as it really shouldn't be. So again, Friday would be awesome. Likewise if we wanted to do anything else.

I probably won't be 75, but I can get that zeni up np.

Also, Ureii has been having some serious comp problems which we think is linked to his memory card. He won't be able to get back on basically until we move and either fix/buy a new comp. He gives noms until this is corrected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brass Borer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brass Borer   Brass Borer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brass Borer
Page 1 of 1