FallenTogether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FallenTogether

A linkshell on Caitsith

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seali

Seali

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2008-01-24

June Update Empty
PostSubject: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:48 am

Quote :
We are pleased to announce that the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update has been scheduled to take place in early June. The addition of compelling new missions to the Wings of the Goddess storyline will form the heart of this update. Other content includes a new ranking system for Campaign, battle-related tweaks encompassing jobs and merit points, and additions and adjustments to fellows and chocobo raising.

Stay tuned for the latest information on the above additions and changes.

So looks like more missions in June. Hopefully my(and everyone elses') real life issues will be sorted out by then so I can get on and do them with you guys!

weeeeeeeeeee... more merits too! (I'm assuming for the new jobs)
Back to top Go down
http://sealie.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1.htm
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

Number of posts : 279

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 pm

I was actually hoping to be proven wrong about a consequental update happening in June-- ie, when we should have gotten one Jan -> March -> May. But, in these times, be content with what you get. I'm glad we're finally getting new weapons and missions.

Future is looking pretty foggy over here. I've been sick a solid week with a huge project due, so I'm going to be struggling to keep up with that after this illness (doc said prolonged effects for about 4 weeks, but at least I have stuff now to knock me out).
As for our house, we haven't received any update. I'm more or less pissed that we were basically being told it would sell instantly and act thereof, but it hasn't. So that'll be up in the air until otherwise.

My last days of class for Spring will be June 11-14th. Commencement around that time too. Then I start Summer quarter. I'll still be very busy, but if we do move to Seattle for the time being, it will relieve a lot of stress.
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:12 pm

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/special/080502.html

I'm assuming this is a teaser for the new relics that are supposed to be coming out soon.
Back to top Go down
cei

cei

Number of posts : 92

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:14 pm

blus want falcions, not scimitars!

get with it se!

i'm predicting 50 wootz ingots per upgrade per weapon.
Back to top Go down
http://stray-children.net/graffitisky/
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:30 am

Quote :
As a part of our continuing efforts to improve the convenience and enjoyment of life in Vana'diel, we plan to introduce several changes that include the appearance of nomad moogles in Selbina and Mhaura, as well as adjustments to the supply quests.

Read on to discover what the upcoming version update holds in store.

Nomad Moogles in Selbina and Mhaura

After considering the continuing influx of new players, the changes made to the offer requirements for several quests, and the special task force's efforts in maintaining a fair and balanced playing environment, we have decided that the inclusion of nomad moogles and delivery NPCs in Selbina and Mhaura will prove to be a beneficial addition to the game.
Look forward to these new arrivals in the next version update!

Supply Quest Records

As you are no doubt aware, in order to make use of the regional teleport services, it is first necessary to complete a supply quest to the outpost in question. We will be implementing a change wherein along with your mission rank and conquest points, a record of completed supply quests will now be retained even after transferring your allegiance to another nation.

Item Autosort Function

This particular function has been requested many times by the community, and is scheduled to be implemented along with the various other adjustments introduced in recent Topics.
As well as the difficulties encountered in preventing potential misuse, we have avoided the implementation of this function in the past in order to prevent confusion for crafters—items carefully separated for synthesis would have been forcibly stacked.
However, with the same consideration given to the placement of nomad moogles in Selbina and Mhaura, we believe that the current stability of FINAL FANTASY XI allows for this feature to be introduced without adversely affecting gameplay.

Players will be provided with the option to deactivate automatic sorting as part of the new function we have planned.

SQURE-ENIX

Better late then never I guess.

Also..... MISSION ZERG TIME
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:15 pm

FOR THE COLONY
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Quote :
The next version up date will usher in a number of new additions to the Campaign system, as well as several changes to existing elements.

Physicians

A new group of NPCs known as physicians will be introduced to both sides of the Campaign lineup, serving dutifully to heal and tend to their battle-wounded allies. Various oaths of non-violence prevent the physicians from engaging in open combat, and they will resort to fighting only as a means of self-defense when attacked directly. Otherwise, they will patrol the field of battle, seeing to the needs of combatants by bestowing upon them various spells of healing and enhancement.

Medals

Currently, the most distinguished medal available in commendation of a character's meritorious service in the name of Altana is the "Emblem of the Holy Knight." The next version update however, will see an expansion of the medal system, and with it a total of four new medals to recognize even greater prestige. Accordingly, new and more difficult Campaign Ops will also be introduced, as well as several new items obtainable through exchange for Allied Notes.

Exchanging Points for Wares from Other Nations

Until now, players have only been capable of exchanging their Allied Notes to procure items offered by the nation with which they are aligned. A modification to this system, in the same vein as that made previously to the Conquest system, will now allow for the acquisition of wares from any nation. Players can, however, expect a slight markup in price when dealing with a nation other than their own.

In addition to the changes outlined above, a number of other features will be implemented, including new quests involving Campaign freelance NPCs, technical adjustments to the army units of both the Allied Forces and Beastman Confederate, and the addressing of various other minor issues.

SQURE-ENIX

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3232/detail.html
Back to top Go down
cei

cei

Number of posts : 92

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:08 pm

glad we got confirmation on new metals. stuck on the highest metal for months now.

if the markup isn't too bad, the buying other nation's equipment.

wandering whms is okay i guess. the number and ai of them will dictate their usefulness i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://stray-children.net/graffitisky/
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Quote :
Merit Points Group 2: Maximum Raised for Ability Increases

Adjustments to the Group 2 section of the merit point job categories will be implemented in the upcoming version update.
The current total maximum ability increase of 6 and the individual maximum ability increase of 3 will be raised to match the Group 1 values of 10 and 5, respectively.

New Job Abilities and Spells

In conjunction with the scheduled job adjustments, the monk, paladin, and bard jobs will be receiving new abilities and spells.

For monks, we will be adding a new job ability that allows them to restrict their attacks to kicks only. In exchange for a penalty to attack delay, the monk receives an increase to damage and attack power, as well as a bonus to the amount of TP gained per kick.

Paladins will be receiving a new spell that increases the rate of shield blocks, as well as reflecting blocked damage back to an attacker. As with "Blaze Spikes" and "Dread Spikes," this spell will only affect the caster.

Lastly, bards will gain a job ability that allows them to limit the area effect of a song to a single target.
For example, if a bard casts "Mage's Ballad" after activating this new ability, only the selected target will receive the effect of the song.

Pretty neat
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Quote :
A Word from the Development Team

NM battles have been one of the most popular elements of FFXI since its launch. Nothing stirs the adventurer's soul quite the same way as cooperating with dependable comrades to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds, with rare equipment drops being the very tasty icing on the cake.

Thus far, however, getting the chance to battle NMs has been almost as difficult a task as fighting the creatures themselves. One often needed a lot of time and plenty more luck to successfully arrange an encounter with the creatures. In light of the ever-increasing number of fan requests for more opportunities to do battle against powerful monsters and reap the rewards, the development team has decided to implement some changes to make the excitement of NMs—even those of the same caliber as particularly infamous varieties inhabiting Tu'Lia and Al'Taieu—more accessible to all.

Overview of the New System

Carrying out requests from a certain NPC will earn you points which, when accumulated, can be exchanged for NM trigger items. The cost of these triggers will fluctuate based on the corresponding NM's difficulty level and popularity among adventurers. A limit will also be imposed on the number of points that can be earned in one Vana'dielian day (one Earth hour). Even with the above conditions in place, obtaining triggers under this new system should be relatively pain-free, especially when compared to fulfilling the elaborate requirements of some existing NM battles.
*Please note that this point system is applicable only to select new NMs scheduled to appear from the June version update.

In order to maximize flexibility in participant numbers, in most cases the target to which you trade triggers in order to gain entry into battlefields will be located in field areas.

Rewards

Over fifty new types of equipment will be made available as exclusive drops for defeating these new NMs.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3323/detail.html
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:48 am

Quote :
The legendary horned stallion, Ixion...
Feared by some as the reaper of souls, spawned from the blackest depths of the abyss...
Revered by others as a symbol of mankind's salvation, the divine incarnation of a celestial being...

Ixion, the wielder of lightning, is come!

Another avatar? Or another odin/bahamut thing?
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:27 pm

:< Ramuh's goin' to be pissed
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Of course that is the thing I don't understand-- Ixion was introduced as a replacement for Ramuh (for whatever reason) in FFX. Although it is a server, I don't ever recall hearing the name when listed for the avatar stars. Of course they may just introduce it as such. Iunno! Maybe it will have something to do with the past, or reasons why it can't be summoned in our present?
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Well (you guys know how bad my memory is when it comes to the story BUT) wasn't the crystal war the time period in which summoning magic was banned?

Perhaps there were more summons in the past, and when we got into the "forbidden" arts in the present we weren't able to find all of them?

Also... in 1ups interview of WoG at the fanfest SE said there would be new avatarS.... i hope the s was intentional
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:46 pm

On another note... some people are saying he's just going to be like cereberus or the dark rider.... so who knows
Back to top Go down
lordbob

Number of posts : 29

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:19 pm

summoning became banned during the crystal war when whatsisfast the taru the first summoner summoned fenrir for the first time in battle. i assume he'd made a pact and such beforehand, but dont really remember. but anyway, fenny destroyed the yag army besieging windurst, but the summoner died as a result of summoning. i assume it was banned cuz sacing your best mages for one win kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:30 pm

SO with that story there COULD be other summons... though i think its kinda funny that summoning fenny killed him... as a lame adventurer can summon him with no problem at all >.>;

But anyway New summon prz!

Also, a compiled list of what we're getting so far (ripped from a post of someone elses in the wiki forums)

- Sunbreeze/Summerfest Event items
- Ixion
- New ToAU NMs + Over 50 pieces of equipment.
- Einherjar adjustments
- Merit Group 2 cap raised
- New MNK Ability
- New PLD Spell
- New BRD Ability
- Mob Racing Event?
- Campaign Battle adjustments
- Four New Campaign Medals + Items
- Exhanging Allied Notes between nations.
- Nomad Moogles in Mhura and Selbina
- Supply Quests can be recorded
- Item Autosort Function
- Adventure Fellow Adjustments (70 cap, new personalities, WotG access)
- Synthesis Adjustments
- Assault armor can be stored
- Furnishing Adjustments
- New WotG Missions
- ToAU Relic Weapons
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot

RetroRobot

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 pm

I feel incredibly silly forgetting what was the main pivotal point of Windurst and the later Windy missions. I'm sure summoning was banned for the various reasons, such as the summoning of a spirit in Alexander (Aht Urgan's treasure) and the reconstruction of Odin (CoP and Aht urgan)-- but, history has also quaintly covered up the involvement of Aht urgan during the Crystal war. So this makes Ixion's existence puzzling whether or not it'll be a summon.

I'm surprised they've been focusing so much on Aht urgan. Its very refreshing.

Ureii pointed out that there is no avatar glow around Ixion like other summons :O hrmmm.
Back to top Go down
lordbob

Number of posts : 29

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:18 pm

well, remember that the fenny that got summoned in that fight wiped an entire yag legion. i guess he summoned fenny prime, and not fenny?
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Boo, we are still better! >.>
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Quote :
At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

* For the update details, please refer to "Topics" on the official PlayOnline.com web site or PlayOnline Viewer which will be available on Monday, June 9, 2008.

[Date & Time]
Jun. 9, 2008 from 10:00 to 13:00 (PDT)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI
Back to top Go down
Seali

Seali

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Quote :
Downloadable file size and time required for FINAL FANTASY XI version update that is scheduled on June. 9 2008 10:00 (PDT) are as follow.

[File size for clients with "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
Downloadable file size: 71.5MB
>>Analog modem (56Kbps) users:
About 6 hour, 18 minutes
>>DSL (1Mbps) users:
About 1 hour, 14 minutes, 30 seconds

Windows Version
Downloadable file size: 118.0MB
About 6 hours, 40 minutes
>>DSL (1Mbps) users:
About 13 minutes, 50 seconds

Xbox 360 Version
Downloadable file size: 129.5MB
>>DSL (1Mbps) users:
About 34 minutes

[File size for clients without "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
Downloadable file size: 60.0MB
About 5 hour, 45 minutes
>>DSL (1Mbps) users:
About 58 minutes

Windows Version
Downloadable file size: 95.0MB
About 6 hour, 13 minutes, 30 seconds
>>DSL (1Mbps) users:
About 10 minutes, 40 seconds

*Please note that the above times are the total approximate time for file check, download, and installation. The above times are for reference only. Download times depend on individual users' network environment and may vary from those shown above. Also, this update will require more time if previous version updates were not completed.

A lot bigger than last update, but servers are down for 3 hours less. Neat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

June Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Update   June Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June Update
Page 1 of 1